Remember The 80’s With Knockaround Sunglasses

December 6th, 2005 | by Mike |

Who wants a pair of $500 sunglasses that you will sit on some day or never wear, when you can pay $7 and get a pair that are made to be strong and easily cleaned? Plus at the $7 price point, who cares if you only wear them a few times a year?! I’m talking about Knockaround Sunglasses, and they are apparently more popular than I thought. After reading about them on The Cool Hunter, I was poised to order a pair, but now their site says the popular glasses are backordered 2-4 weeks. Yikes.

Why are they so popular? Well some guy from Laguna Beach was caught wearing them. So that explains the Teeny-Bopper popularity…But I like them because they have that great 80’s classic sunglasses style look to them, and you can clean them with your finger! And I quote: “And they’re a breeze to clean- just use your fingertips to scrub with soap and warm water.” Nice.

Pick up a pair today and if your nice you can order me some too. (I like the white ones.)

Link: Knockaroundsunglasses.com
Via The Cool Hunter

1. 13 Responses to “Remember The 80’s With Knockaround Sunglasses”

2. By Matt on Dec 6, 2005 | Reply

Hey, the site is looking quite “wonky” in internet explorer. The last article is not to the left of the ads, it’s below it and there are blank grey spaces all over. You want some of those bad ass laguna beach sunglasses for Christmas?

3. By Matt on Dec 6, 2005 | Reply

4. By Mike on Dec 6, 2005 | Reply

Thanks for the update on the “Wonkiness”. I had to fire up Virtual PC to figure see the it for myself though…I guess thats one problem of having a Windows-Free living environment.

Turns out that Internet Explorer doesn’t support the CSS commmand “max-height” for images. Bummer. Now I have to watch all the widths of my images before they hit that column so it won’t blow the whole thing up in IE.

5. By Andie on Dec 6, 2005 | Reply

These sunglasses are the coolest!!! Didn’t Tom Cruise wear a pair in Risky Buisness or something? I like the pink the best 🙂

6. By Mike on Dec 6, 2005 | Reply

7. By Andie on Dec 6, 2005 | Reply

8. By Caroline on Dec 7, 2005 | Reply

* I LOVE these sunglasses! I’m going to buy some for everyone for Christmas. I definitely remember seeing a picture of Forrest from Hellogoodbye wearing them… *

9. By Caroline on Dec 7, 2005 | Reply

10. By Wally on Dec 7, 2005 | Reply

The wait time is down to 1 week now… and the message talking about the wait time got a little friendlier… geez!!

11. By Wally on Dec 7, 2005 | Reply

12. By Dior Sunglasses on Apr 22, 2009 | Reply

Thanks Mike, but i'm sort of a person who cares more about eyes protection and don't compromise about it.

13. By Dior Sunglasses on Apr 23, 2009 | Reply

14. By Sunny Glass on Jan 5, 2011 | Reply

Wow! $500 just for a pair of sunglass? This is so expensive. I will not waste money for just like that.