You think tech guys like Tim O’Reilly, Dave Winer, Robert Scoble and Anil Dash are some how above the underlying bickering and squabbles that happen every day on blogs all over the place? Then open your eyes my friend and read the comments of this post. Big-time tech names are bouncing in and out whining, begging and trying desperately to be witty all over a conversation about the exclusive FOO Camp.
Here’s a run down:
- Here’s the original post
- Here’s Tim O’reilly saying: “Dave Winer’s just pissed because I didn’t give him an invite to my party at lunch and he was all like ‘whatever!'”
- Here’s Dave Winer saying: “Dude, whatever, I don’t hate you. But I also didn’t even want to go to your stupid party, even if I was invited! Also, I’m removing you as my friend on MySpace.”
- Here’s Dave Winer saying: …well pretty much the same thing. [see above]
- Here’s Anil Dash trying way to hard to get in to this conversation: “Um, no one in my click was talking about the party. I don’t think its a big deal…you know unless you want to invite me.”
- Here’s Robert Scoble saying: “Tim, do you remember when we use to hang out? I went to last year’s party, I thought we had a good time…I guess my invite this year was lost in the mail or something… Oh god! Please invite me back! I’ll do whatever you want.” [Scoble begins to unbutton his shirt]
- Here’s some guy at the end saying: “Shutup Dave Whiner! Ha ha…did you see what I did there?”
UPDATE: 2:24pm CST
Its still going! Dave Winer’s comments are getting shorter though, which I’m taking as a good sign. The bad sign is Shelley is trying so hard to be funny that she is making it hard for me to tell her she isn’t funny and she needs to stop. Here’s the tough love: Shelley, you aren’t funny. Please stop. If you don’t stop the people from CBS will come to get you and put you to work writing sitcoms about a fat guy and his hot wife where the rest of the people that think they’re funny but aren’t work.
Is it just me picturing all of them in a crowd with the arms outstretched slapping at each other, or are the rest of you doing that too?
UPDATE 2: 4:36pm CST
Shelley, I’m begging now. Stop. Your comments aren’t even a little funny. I’m on your side. I’m trying to help you out, but you have to take the first step and back the hell away from your keyboard. Also, that splashing sound you heard was Dave Winer squatting and firing out a long comment again. I guess this will only end when finally someone pushes Dave and Tim in to the middle of the circle and starts pointing and yelling “Fight! Fight! Fight!…”